Sunday, April 26, 2009

marathon


I've always admired the people who ran marathons. Of course, there's the chiseled body, the single digit body fat(mines in the double digits, lets just leave it at that), but what gets me is the ability to do the same thing over and over and over again for x hours without any interruptions to the repetition. It's just, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, so boring; yet they can do it. I am never one to admire something and not try a similar feat myself; thus, I must report that I have just completely a 12 hour marathon of Warcraft III. 

It was epic.

Sometimes I was so good, the game was telling me I am Godlike(having a computer tell you that you are are Godlike may sound nerdy, but it actually feels pretty damn good), other times I was so bad the people in the game call me a noob. There were times when I wanted to have a drink of water, or stuff my face with food, or go to the bathroom, then I think to myself marathons are without interruptions. I soldiered on. In the end, it was fuzzy eye sight and a blasting headache that did me in. I finally threw in the towel. If I was still a young man maybe I could have gone another 12 hours (24 hours gaming binge was the norm back in the days), but no, I am an old man. It may be time to ponder retirement. Hall of fame. Maybe.

What did I learn from this ordeal? I am Godlike.

The end

sincerely,

Raymond Chau

No comments:

Post a Comment